Search

Advanced Search

Browse Items (6 total)

Flyer announcing Emancipation Proclamation 64th Anniversary at Second Ward High School. This program was publicized and organized by community religious leaders.

Church Dedication service program, held in 1922. Program highlights schedule of events by church leaders and members.

Rev. G. W. Watkins was the minister of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church located on the western end of Charlotte. He also served as statistical secretary to the Union Baptist Convention in 1917. Courtesy of American Baptist Yearbook.

Reverand P. S. Lewis was the pastor of the First Baptist Church, Charlotte's first colored baptist church. He was also a officer of the Colored segment of the North Carolina State Sunday School Convention, acting as one of the vice-presidents in…

This photo is an image of the second location of Little Rock AME Zion Church, originally located in Third Ward. The photo depicts the congregation as they are in the process of moving their church to Myers Street in First Ward in 1911.

This panoramic image depicts the 17th Annual Session of the Primitive Baptist Church National Convention of the U.S.A.,held at Mt. Moriah Primitive Baptist Church in 1924.